Consultation and Accommodation and Natural Resource Law
We assist Indigenous Nations with the protection of Indigenous Rights, Lands and natural resources.
Our advice and work has included:
- Advising on Aboriginal and Treaty Rights and the Duty to Consult regarding impacts to Indigenous Nations’ territories. Including impacts on fishing, hunting, harvesting, lands and waters;
- Mining claims and proposed mineral exploration licences;
- Advising on Consultation protocols;
- Interacting with government departments in relation to proposed projects;
- Negotiating Impact Benefit Agreements;
- Advising on the scope and content of the Accommodation of Aboriginal and Treaty Rights.